We are in collaboration with PolyU to launch Hong Kong's first STEAM-based programme, grounded on the creation of a small satellite known as CubeSat that has become a mainstay of tomorrow's space technology. The mission of this programme, which aims to remove space debris, combines fun lectures, lab visits and hands-on workshops with mentorship.
This programme will:
- unleash students' innovative mindset and expose them to the critical thinking skills needed as an engineer, entrepreneur, platform specialist, and/or a scientist;
- enhance students' awareness of the many types of STEAM-related degree programmes at PolyU;
- increase students' interest in STEAM through the creation of their CubeSat, thereby igniting their passion for technology, interdisciplinary learning, and the circular economy;
- strengthen teamwork and leadership as crucial soft skills for future development in school and work; and
- expose them to the fundamentals of design, business, technology, and the New Space economy.
This new 10-session programme is designed particularly for S.4 and S.5 (Grade 10 & Grade 11 / Year 11 & Year 12) students. School Teams of 3 to 5 students shall be formed under each participating school, with a school teacher serving as the contact person of the programme.
There are 10 sessions in this programme. Secondary School teams are required to attend at least 80% of all sessions.
- 18 February 2023 (Saturday) 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 25 February - 22 April 2023 (Every Saturday, except 8 Apr 2023) 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 29 April 2023 (Saturday) 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
For more information, please check out: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/aae/news-and-events/polyu-cubesat-mission/